It’s been a while since I’ve headed into the kitchen to bake, but it was an especially cold weekend and the idea of freshly-baked cookies was too much to ignore. I had seen this recipe in Bite Me and I could hear it calling to me. The tartness of the cranberries contrast the sweet cookies beautifully. I can guarantee that once you make these for the first time, you are going to want to make them every weekend! (Sorry in advance to your waistlines…)
Yields 16 large cookies.
1/2 c softened butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 large egg
1 ts vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 ts baking soda
1/4 ts kosher salt
1 1/2 c white chocolate chips or pieces
1 c dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixer (or with your mixer), cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar at medium speed. Add the egg and vanilla and mix til the batter is fluffy.
3. On low speed, add the flour, salt, baking soda, chocolate and cranberries. Mix until the flour disappears. DO NOT OVERMIX!
4. Drop heaping tablespoons on the prepared baking sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
5. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.