Super easy and quick! (OK…most tilapia recipes are easy & quick, which is why I keep buying it…)
2 tilapia filets
2 tb extra virgin olive oil
1 chipotle in adobo, diced (plus some of the sauce)
1 c cilantro leaves, chopped
1 tb water
1 ts cumin
1/2 ts each salt & pepper
1. Puree the chipotle, adobo sauce, cilantro, water, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste. Add more liquid if it’s not thin enough.
2. Crank up the broiler, with the oven rack about 4 inches from the heat.
3. On a foil-lined pan, pour half of the marinade over the tilapia. Flip the fish over carefully and pour the rest of the marinade.
4. Broil six to nine minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets. (You’re better to go shorter than longer in this case. Overcooked fish…yuck.)
5. Serve with Tropical Salad and rice.
Side note: the tilapia goes beautifully with coconut rice with a little cilantro stirred in at the end of the cooking process.